Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs
On Mon, 28 May 2018 13:29:04 -0400
Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 28/05/18 12:12 PM, Simon Lees wrote:
As I said in my
original email SUSE Engineering is currently looking into how they
can do this but at the same time stay within there various
requirements that ensure customer information stays private.

I can read that as "they can benefit from our experience and bug
reports because we're not 'professional' enough but we can't benefit
from theirs".

Please explain why this is not the case.

Have to call you out on this one.

Inside SUSE, I can say not being able to access SLE bugs outside of
SUSE employees is a frustration for SUSE and the community both.

I can also say SUSE is absolutely correct in keeping paying customer's
info private is imperative for contractual and security reasons.

SUSE also recognizes there is some really awesome talent in the
community. More than a handful of community folks have been hired
because their skills were recognized and appreciated.

The more important reason these steps are taking place is now Leap and
SLE will be developed in parallel and both the community and SUSE need
to be able to share reasons why certain changes were made to the code
base.

This is a _first_ step, with a better solution in the works. This will
benefit everyone.

Source: ex-SUSE employee.

Thanks,

Peter