Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Mailinglist changes going forward
On Mon, 28 May 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Neil Rickert
<nrickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/28/2018 09:50 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:

My experience has been that reporting my own mistakes and
misconfiguration on bugzilla simply ends up in a WONTFIX. It may
be that the developer didn't have time or patience to explain what
*I* was doing wrong and that there really wasn't a bug, or it may
be that (s)he didn't want to bothered tracing why this bug happens,
what fringe/test-case brings it up.

For users in this situation, my best advice would be to post to the
opensuse forums (forums.opensuse.org). Quite a few people do that
already. And theyare advised to open a bug report when that is
appropriate.

However I understand the wish from your point of view, I fully feel
with Anton. I find that IRC fills the niche between the two but it is
not the medium of choice for many

--
H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.27 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE