Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Opening private bugs
On 05/28/2018 05:19 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
As I said, elsewhere, not all problems are bugs.
Those that are not are better solved by the Wisdom of Crowds than annoying a
single developer who has limited time and patience.

I agree with that. I have made the experience from Debian that many users
abuse the bug tracking system as a support forum. It can be quite frustrating
when you are overrun with invalid bug reports which were just reported because
users are unable to tell a bug from a local configuration issue.

But not all problems are bugs. Deep debugging can be challenging and
infuriating, but the resolution gives satisfaction.
Dealing with users making their own <strike>idiocies</strike> mistakes into
bug
reports is frustrating and annoying.

I hope this *IS* a short term solution since in the longer term the Suse
developers will get annoyed enough to stop volunteering <strike>to deal with
idiots</strike>.

Yes. If you tell people to report a bug every time they run into a problem,
you will have your bug tracker flooded with invalid bug reports.

Adrian