Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:49:03 +0200
On lundi, 28 mai 2018 16.46:43 h CEST Simon Lees wrote:
Hi all,

As many people are aware the sharing of code between Leap and SLE
combined with SUSE's "Factory First" policy has often lead to the need
for openSUSE community members needing to read bugs that have been
marked as private because they were originally created for SLE.

For some time SUSE has been happy for SUSE employee's to review and
disclose the contents of private bugs as long as we don't share any
customer information. We can either do this by making any such
confidential info private in the bug should it exist then making the bug
public or in other cases providing a summary of the bug and discussion,
even if in some cases all we can say is "this is a private customer feature"

In order to make this process slightly easier and more formal during las
weeks board discussion the board decided to the mailing list
opensuse-bugshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx where community members can send an email
then a volunteer SUSE employee can read the bug report then either open
it or provide a summary.

Currently this is a short term solution, SUSE Engineering understands
this problem and will be working toward a better solution longer term.

If you are a SUSE employee and you are happy to help with this process
shoot me an email and i'll get you subscribed to the list.

Cheers

Hi Simon, nice to read that some improvements will be done on that subject.

Now if I read correctly your mail, it seems I will have to open a request on a
mailing list for each bnc or bsc that is not public ?

I hope, there's a damn tool that will do that for each reference found in
mail new TW snapshot.

A manual double input, is just killing our sparse contribution time no ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch