Re: [opensuse-factory] mutt 1.9.1 reports itself as neomutt ???
* Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> [05-25-18 11:15]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

why does installing mutt 1.9.1 actually install neomutt 1.9.0

Good question. I've noticed it before: If you look in the bottom status line
of mutt you see that it also reports itself as NeoMutt there...

And it must have been like that for quite some time. In 'rpm -q --changelog
mutt' you will find

* Thu May 12 2016 werner@xxxxxxx
- Update to mutt version 1.6.1 (2016-05-01):
! Bug fix release. No features were modified or added.

I didn't really care, as long as it does what it should ;^>

Strange though that both mutt and neomutt are available as package. Guess the
latter is sort of the bleeding edge version?

yes and no, I see both available, but ...

there was a somewhat heated exchange on the mutt.dev list some time ago
and it appeared resolved that neomutt would cease advertising itself as
mutt. neomutt actually is quite different but appears similar. functions
are not the same. neomutt contains features no on mutt but those features
also can make scripts fail and other problems.

in reality, mutt should be mutt and neomutt should be neomutt.

mnsho