Re: [opensuse-factory] Device Notifier not mounting external drives
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 09:38:00 +0800
On Friday, 25 May 2018 03:30:04 +08 Bruno Friedmann wrote:
I'm seeing the same buggy behavior, if I click a second time on the device
notifier icon and use open with file browser, it always work.
Only the first call failed 100% of time.

I was not able to determine the root cause, nor how to debug it properly.

@Chan did you try to click a second time on device notifier app ?

Sorry folks. I left out an important detail. I am trying to mount encrypted
external drives created using the YaST Partitioner. I just tested the
behaviour with an unencrypted partition and mounting from device notifier
works.

I tried clicking a second time to mount previously, because clicking used to
bring up a selection of applications for mounting. Now nothing can be clicked
in the device notifier.

So after clicking the device notifier, and entering the password, I open it
using Dolphin to complete the mounting process.

Looks like this is a genuine bug then. I will file a bug report against it
unless someone has already opened one.
< Previous Next >