Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
On 2018-05-24, 06:56 GMT, Takashi Iwai wrote:
Another concern in this proposal is that the package
dependency isn't considered. What if a dropped package is
required by lots of other packages? The warning should be
reached to all these relevant packages; otherwise you'll bust
the build of all of them out of sudden.

Of course, it is considered. Factory maintainers won't let you
remove package which has alive dependency (BuildRequires or
Requires, both).

Last but not least, IMO, two weeks are too short for such
a transition. One may have a vacation for two weeks easily if
living in Europe :)

Well, I guess the best protection against removal is to show
some signs of life in the package. If package has not been
touched in the last two years (https://is.gd/lCVFbz and the last
upstream release in Jul 13, 2015), my restraint against removal
is significantly lower.

Best,

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Oh, to be young, and to feel love’s keen sting.
-- Albus Dumbledore