Re: [opensuse-factory] Device Notifier not mounting external drives
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:30:04 +0200
On jeudi, 24 mai 2018 21.00:18 h CEST Chan Ju Ping wrote:
On Friday, 25 May 2018 02:53:06 +08 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx> [05-24-18 12:51]:
Just a minor annoyance. The device notifier always fails to mount any
external drives in Plasma 5. Saying I am not authorised to mount them.

I have to click on the devices in Dolphin instead which does mount them.

What's a quick fix?

guess that would depend on what is "broken". I am on tw and it works for
me, or at least is not broken. have you configured it?

Not to my knowledge. A few months ago, it just stopped working properly. I
chalked that up to some regression error in the updates that will probably
get fixed. But it is still here, so I am guessing I need to configure
something.

I'm seeing the same buggy behavior, if I click a second time on the device
notifier icon and use open with file browser, it always work.
Only the first call failed 100% of time.

I was not able to determine the root cause, nor how to debug it properly.

@Chan did you try to click a second time on device notifier app ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch