Re: What about PyPI itself? [Was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages]
On 05/23/2018 11:43 PM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
Of course, that’s standard theory why Linux distros are useful.
However, what about the situation when there are actually less
eyes on openSUSE package than on the upstream project (shared by
all operating systems and distributions, and either number is
not very high in the first place)?

Then you have still more eyes on the package as compared to just upstream?

FWIW, Debian has had a long discussion regarding the Python 2 removal
as well. I didn't follow through the discussion though so I don't know
what the conclusion is [1].

Adrian

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/04/msg00508.html