Re: [opensuse-factory] What happened to the Extra Repository for Leap 15.0
On 23/05/18 01:42 PM, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018, 00:18:46 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
AcetoneISO is uninstallable on Leap 15.0 currently though as I noticed a few
days ago because it requires genisoimage that has been dropped (although
you can ignore the missing dependency).

This is "fixed" meanwhile, it only recommends genisoimage now instead of
requiring it.
Creating ISO images will not work without genisoimage, but that's not really
crucial functionality anyway and you can use e.g. k3b for that. (although,
genisoimage is still available in multimedia:apps e.g.)
I'll probably patch it to use mkisofs instead when I find the time, but I have
to check whether the command line options need to be adjusted...

Btw, it's also hardcoded to use wodim (which has finally been dropped as well)
for CD/DVD burning/erasing, but then it uses HAL to check for a CD/DVD burner
so that didn't work anymore since years anyway, even with wodim installed it
just gives an error that no drive is found.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Is there another package with a gui that does everything that AcetoneISO does?

--
Cheers!

Roman