Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
  • From: Todd Rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 14:31:58 -0400
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-05-21, 14:31 GMT, Todd Rme wrote:
* Those that are python2-only and have not seen upstream
activity since 2016 should be dropped from openSUSE:Factory
and dropped from devel:languages:python after a two-week
warning period.

What does everyone think of this plan?

I agree, but I would suggest to be even more aggressive on less
used packages (measured by the number of updates and not being
required).

Best,

Matěj

That would be fine, but if we went that route there would need to be a
project for python packages that aren't in factory and that is
published so people could use it. That could involve simply enabling
publishing on devel: languages:python:misc. I'm that case I would
probably move all the unmaintained packages in dlp:misc to dlp:legacy
first.