Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 15.0: Scaling issues under X
Am 22.05.2018 um 18:56 schrieb Fabian Vogt:

AFAIK the proprietary nvidia driver sets the screen DPI to the DPI of the
primary monitor, which results in the same behaviour as the fix for the linked
bug. So it's actually the desired behaviour here.

You can workaround it by either:
a) Overriding the font DPI to 96
b) Starting X with "-dpi 96"
c) (Preferred) Set the external monitor as primary one

c) doesn't seem to work for me.

I tried setting the ext. monitor as primary (see below) and then setting the
scaling
back from 1.1 to the default (1.0). The next application I opened (okular)
showed
huge GUI elements.
Going back to 1.1 gives me much smaller GUI elements again. The ext. display
remained
primary.

So I guess for the time being I'll live with my apps scaled to 1.1.

As for option b) how would I do that?

With "ServerArguments=-dpi 96" in /etc/sddm.conf ?

--- snip ---
user@box:~> xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1200, maximum 16384 x 16384
DP-3.2 connected primary 1920x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis)
518mm x 324mm
1920x1200 59.95*+
1920x1080 60.00
1680x1050 59.95
1600x1200 60.00
1280x1024 60.02
1280x960 60.00
1024x768 60.00
800x600 60.32
640x480 59.94
DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-4 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
1920x1080 60.02 + 48.00
DP-5 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-6 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
--- snap ---

Thanks and regards -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges doerges@xxxxxxxxxxxx