Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:52:37 -0400
Todd Rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Michael Ströder
<michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd Rme wrote:
The openSUSE python team isn't very large.

So why are you frustating contributors effectively reducing the set
of contributors?

Ciao, Michael.

We have been streamlining the project and development workflow to make
it easier to maintain long-term. The previous situation was simply
unsustainable, especially with such large upstream changes that we
need to deal with.

Correct.

Moreover, it is just not the maintainers of d:l:p.

Maintaining these also require resources of the opensuse review team
and release managers.

Given the number of *new* packages coming into Factory, (which is a
healthy sign for openSUSE), we are doing our best to keep up with the
steady growth of Factory/TW.

+1 for Todd's plan and if resources allow, some sort of d:l:p:legacy
repo.

Thanks,
Peter