Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
Todd Rme wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Todd Rme wrote:
* Those that are python2-only and have not seen upstream activity
since 2016 should be dropped from openSUSE:Factory and dropped from
devel:languages:python after a two-week warning period.

I see no compelling reason to be so over-aggressive to PY2 code base.

What would you propose we do instead?

Keep those packages.

Ciao, Michael.

P.S.: Personally I'm pretty much frustrated regarding the Python stuff
in openSUSE. Although I still have a large PY2 code base I've updated in
the past many Python modules also for PY3 even before the single-spec
approach. With all these confusing changes I gave up on this and focus
on doing my own private stuff now.

P.P.S.: Helping maintaining python2 updates would be easier if all the
patches were better documented.

P.P.P.S.: After all this repo moving packages cannot be found anymore in
search form on https://build.opensuse.org => greatly degraded usability
of all this.