Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
  • From: Todd Rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:10:34 -0400
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd Rme wrote:
* Those that are python2-only and have not seen upstream activity
since 2016 should be dropped from openSUSE:Factory and dropped from
devel:languages:python after a two-week warning period.

I see no compelling reason to be so over-aggressive to PY2 code base.

Ciao, Michael.

P.S.: And yes, I know the dates and Python clock web site, blah...

P.P.S.: And yes, I know 2to3 (which might help in some trivial cases).

What would you propose we do instead?