Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed full disk encryption passphrase
On samedi, 19 mai 2018 08.42:07 h CEST francesco.vo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is it possible to "fix" this request by move /boot partition outside lvm? Or
should I reinstall my system? Or even better if I hang on with my setup
will an update require me to type my password just once or these feature
will not be available in the next future? Sorry for all these questions but
I don't want to type password three times every boot ( twice for grub, I
guess because double HDD and once for booting system) so I'm deciding if
reinstall system or if can be fixed. Thanks

I've been using luks and lvm since years, but last time I 've redone my TW
setup I pre prepare my nvme drive to be fully encrypted and pub btrfs on top.

The described feature by werner is working like a charm I've a binary key
that is able to reopen the root once the pivot is done.

I enter one time a password at boot time
But yes non hidpi, non localized keyboard in grub2 is annoying.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch