Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed full disk encryption passphrase
On 05/19/2018 12:03 AM, Oliver Kurz wrote:
On Friday, 18 May 2018 23:00:41 CEST Frank Kunz wrote:
[…]
It should be sufficient to type the passphrase only in grub2.

Yes, it should be. Our automatic openQA tests also show this limitation in
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/678582#step/grub_test/2
referencing a feature request
"Provide kernel interface to pass LUKS password from bootloader" - but it is
just this, a "feature request".

Yes. The YaST team got the clear requirement for SLE15 / Leap15 (and TW
as a consequence, since the code is shared) of proposing a separate
/boot only in scenarios in which it was absolutely indispensable to
boot. Avoiding a separate /boot if possible even if encryption was involved.

I assume that was requested under the assumption that the feature
mentioned by Oliver would be ready on time for the Leap15 release time,
which finally didn't happen. :-(

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa