Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed full disk encryption passphrase

It should be sufficient to type the passphrase only in grub2. After
some research I found some Arch Linux specific instruction [1]. But
this uses an Arch specific initrd hook to open the encrypted fs by
reading a passphrase from a file included in the initrd. I haven't
found an equivalent hook in the tumbleweed dracut config. Would
this setup also be a possible solution for tumbleweed? How could it
be configured?

For me the following works; [...]

I forgot to mention that this is for Leap 42.3 – hopefully, the setup
is similar in Tumbleweed.

Werner
< Previous Next >