Re: [opensuse-factory] TW: su -; DISPLAY missing; .Xauthority 0 bytes
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 15:01:46 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2018-05-18 at 07:38 -0600, Cameron Seader wrote:

Well you could say that yes. :-) Fair enough. I'm running TW with KDE
for quite a long time just rolling my updates with zypper dup weekly.

That for one is a major difference between your usage and mine and
makes my testing useless for you: I run a GNOME/wayland session here.

It does also nicely run with recent TW and KDE here, no issues (but I have not
yet installed todays new snapshot...)

This has never been a problem in the past. I've always been able to
execute su - and the xauthority and DISPLAY have always been available.

This should still be possible: not too long ago there was actually a
push to get wayland sessions usable with 'root running applications' in
openSUSE.

Yes, it does. Maybe some change in the pam files? Does /etc/pam.d/su
contain
session optional pam_xauth.so

(or check for files with recently changed timestamp...)