Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot resize root partition on installation
On 05/17/2018 01:12 PM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

Since this has been pointed already twice in the thread, let me clarify.

Creating partitions using the Expert Partitioner during installation
should be quite safe in that regard.

For example, if you create an Btrfs root, you will have the same
subvolumes than the root proposed by the Guided Setup. The filesystem
options and mount point options should also be the same for any other
partition (like /home or swap).

Hmm, was this changed lately? ISTR the last time I tried this (not really
sure when it was, 4-6 weeks ago) there were no subvolumes created, although I
could chose from some presets which to create. That's why I didn't even try
the last time (2 weeks ago), but used the keep-root-from-proposal way.

Yes. It has changed... a lot! Basically everything related to the
partitioning proposal, to the expert partitioner and to any other usage
of storage devices in (Auto)YaST has been rewritten from scratch.

That's what we call storage-ng (search for "openSUSE storage-ng" in your
favorite Internet search engine). TW users have been suffering/enjoying
it for some months already. And Leap15 will be the first non-rolling
distro to ship it.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa