Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot resize root partition on installation
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 12:12:16 +0100
Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

Since this has been pointed already twice in the thread, let me clarify.

Creating partitions using the Expert Partitioner during installation
should be quite safe in that regard.

For example, if you create an Btrfs root, you will have the same
subvolumes than the root proposed by the Guided Setup. The filesystem
options and mount point options should also be the same for any other
partition (like /home or swap).

Hmm, was this changed lately? ISTR the last time I tried this (not really
sure when it was, 4-6 weeks ago) there were no subvolumes created, although I
could chose from some presets which to create. That's why I didn't even try
the last time (2 weeks ago), but used the keep-root-from-proposal way.