Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot resize root partition on installation
Hello Michael,

On a new Tumbleweed install, what I usually do is I delete both the
recommended swap and home partitions, then I resize the root partition from
the 40GB default to at least 100GB. Please note that I do not delete it,
but only resize it, so that I keep the predefined / default sub volumes.

Afterwards, I recreate the swap and home partitions.

Best regards,
________________________
Ricardo R Palma
SYNOPSIS SA
(+51 1) 275-7523 / 275-4708

www.synopsis.ws

To&nbsp;&nbsp; Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc&nbsp;&nbsp; oS-fctry <opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
bcc&nbsp;&nbsp;
Subject&nbsp;&nbsp; Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot resize root
partition on installation
Michael Aquilina <michaelaquilina@xxxxxxxxx>

05/16/2018 09:58 AM

Retried it now and deleted the swap partition manually too.

That seemed to work so it must have been the issue - thanks :)

I guess something else to ask though is if we should consider
increasing the default root partition size from 40GB as it seems quite
small for the average use case.