Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot resize root partition on installation
Retried it now and deleted the swap partition manually too.

That seemed to work so it must have been the issue - thanks :)

I guess something else to ask though is if we should consider
increasing the default root partition size from 40GB as it seems quite
small for the average use case.