Re: [opensuse-factory] What's up with python-pycrypto ? Gone from factory?
On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 07:40 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Those are translated by python-singlespec to python2-pycrypto and
python3-pycrypto

zypper info --provides python2-pycryptodome

Provides : [4]
python-pycryptodome = 3.6.1-1.1
python2-pycrypto = 3.6.1
python2-pycryptodome = 3.6.1-1.1
python2-pycryptodome(x86-64) = 3.6.1-1.1

Cheers
Dominique

In my mind that's a bug.

The translation is intentional (the spec is used to build py2 and py3
packages in one go) - as for the old package name no longer being
there, that CAN be considered a bug indeed. Care to file a bug report?
Will be up to the maintainer to decide if it's worthy to add the legacy
names.

If every package that requires python-pycrypto is going to have to be
edited why bother with the provides/obsoletes pair in the first place.

Obviously, we took care of everything inside the distro to not fall
over (and I think we missed nothing this time)
. Ever considered submitting your packages too? :)

Let me know if I should adjust my 2 spec files or not.

There is no way we can predict what all is 'out there' and how
everybody makes use of things. The shortest/quickest way is to change
to python2-pycryptodome, and no longer rely on old/unmaintained
pycrypto code.

Cheers
Dominique