Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap15 build 252 - initrd being rebuilt twice?
On Wed, 16 May 2018 10:09:10 +0200,
Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

On Wed, May 16, Per Jessen wrote:

Yup, no problem with that, but initrd-4.12.14-lp150.11-default was also
built twice?

Some package build the initrd directly for whatever reasons in the %post
section, others only in the %posttrans section.
So once during installation, once during %posttrans is Ok.
Twice during %posttrans would be a bug.

The kernel package calls weak-modules2 script at %post, and it builds
initrd. It's currently the intentional behavior to assure the initrd
to be built when a package is installed.

In theory, we may pass $INITRD_IN_POSTTRANS=1 at calling the script so
that it can postpone the initrd generation (as KMP does so), but we'd
like to stay in the safer side for the kernel package itself.

Takashi