Re: [opensuse-factory] Problem linking program, missing symbols from RPC
On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 08:26 +0200, Jörn Dreyer wrote:
Hello Folks,

since one of the last updates, my programs that use rpc do not link anymore.
They would require now to be linked with libtirpc.so. Before the rpc code was
in glibc I guess. Why has this been changed?

The RPC code in glibc is based on SUN's rpc implementation and does not
support IPv6. For this reason, openSUSE (and also other distros) are
moving to TIRPC and disable the sunrpc implementation (at build time...
code built against it keeps on working)

Cheers
Dominique