Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 15.0 Build 234.2 released!
  • From: cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 14:20:51 +0200
Reminds me of: What I have always been wondering about:
Install process of Suse Linux, for decade(s): Why is cracklib always
being loaded separately for password verification process? And why
over again for example for root password verification process again?

I rember ever since I toppled over SuSE. Suse versions back from
burned cd media in the 90s and ever since, it would always spin up
again during interactive installation process when entering username
and password data towards the end of the setup forms needing to be
filled.
Even today with leap 15 it is still the same. Can this cracklib stuff
not being loaded automatically as it is always being loaded and needed
and kept there? We are talking x64 mandatory as a platform here and I
guess it is not a memory availability issue. Only old habits? I would
like to see the cracklib popup telling me it is being fetched and
loaded, to become extinct and vanish and act more intelligently in my
opinion.

Any hints?