Re: [opensuse-factory] Why do we have busybox now?
On 05/03/2018 04:22 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-05-03 16:02, Robert Munteanu wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 4:56 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:
Do we have information on how to use it? :-)

I mean, how do we invoke it in TW, in an emergency.

Call busybox-static followed by the command, e.g.

$ busybox-static ls

or

$ busybox-static dmesg

Ah, I thought it would be something more convoluted :-)

Like it states in --help output: create some symlinks to it:

$ mkdir xxx
$ cd xxx
$ for f in $(/usr/bin/busybox-static --list); do \
ln -s /usr/bin/busybox-static $f; done
$ ./uname
Linux

;-)

FWIW: one could also build the 'coreutils' package to have an
all-in-one program which acts the same:

$ ./configure --help
--enable-single-binary=shebangs|symlinks
Compile all the tools in a single binary, reducing
the overall size. When compiled this way, shebangs
(default when enabled) or symlinks are installed for
each tool that points to the single binary.

Have a nice day,
Berny

< Previous Next >