Re: [opensuse-factory] Why do we have busybox now?
On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 16:30 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Hi,

With the last snapshot we also got busybox

$ rpm -q --whatrecommends busybox-static
patterns-base-base-20170410-2.1.x86_64

My understanding is that busybox is used (mostly) in embedded systems,
why is it a recommends for TW?

This was added as a 'last resort chance in case you mess up your
system' - intentionally the static one, so even mess with glibc could
potentially be solved. Merely a way to recover your system in a more
advanced way.

In normal cases, you hopefully will never have to use it.

Cheers
Dominique