Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 15: No support for NVIDIA Optimus setups ?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 10:48:08 +0100
Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:

I'm using Tumbleweed and Bumblebee and it kinda work.

Hmm, what you mean with 'kinda'? I also use bumblebee/optirun (from bumblebee
repo) with my T460p (HD530/940MX, Driver=nvidia, Bridge=primus) and the only
issue is that it doesn't automatically compile the kernel modules when a new
kernel is installed, so I need to run dkms manually. No problems with games
or stuff like google earth.

What is your meaning of "No support"? What is expected to have?

openSUSE has no official suse-prime, only Bumblebee.
I'm trying to get nvidia-xrun working, I managed to get it working with
OpenGL
(in my home repo), but still no so lucky with Vulkan.

Hmm, that may be the difference - I never felt the urge to run a full X
session on the card (didn't even know nvidia-xrun), does that offer
advantages?