Re: [opensuse-factory] Any elinks users around
Le mardi 01 mai 2018 à 09:58:27, Tomas Chvatal a écrit :

Sébastien 'sogal' Poher píše v Út 01. 05. 2018 v 09:10 +0200:
Hi Thomas, Hi all

Le vendredi 27 avril 2018 à 09:55:03, Tomas Chvatal a écrit :
Hello all,

Is there anyone that would like to maintain and use elinks. It is
quite
dead and it would even make sense to drop it as it can be replaced
by
links itself that is still being actively developed...

I do use and love elinks, but as you said, the project seems quite
dead.
I know that the package are been removed from OpenBSD one or two
releases
ago because of "security flaws" (I don't have details).
In january 2018 I wrote an email to developpers (when I could find
their
contact address) to have an update of the project status. I did not
have any
reply.
This been said, the Git tree shows some continuous activiy, the
latest being
in July 2017 (http://repo.or.cz/w/elinks.git).
If you plan to keep ELinks in openSUSE repos, I will be happy to
maintain it
but could not give any warranty about the future of the development
of the
project.

Yep,
there is some partial activity happening on git. But nothing covering
major issues. Problem might be if there are any major CVEs cropping up
as it is browser that can parse JS.

Just please sent request for maintainership in OBS, alternatively I
will drop in in like 14 days from openSUSE:Factory project.

All right, I did the request. If the project show no activity within a year
and major security holes are discovered then we will drop it.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien 'sogal' Poher
< Previous Next >