Re: [opensuse-factory] Dropping VPNC [was: Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/13]
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 11:26:32 +0300
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Frank Krüger <fkrueger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 03.04.2018 um 09:48 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:38 AM, Frank Krüger <fkrueger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 03.04.2018 um 09:20 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le samedi 31 mars 2018 à 13:20 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar a
écrit :

* vpnc and networkmanager-vpnc will be removed from the distro:
openvpn supports those use cases now.

I think there was a typo in the mail.

openCONNECT is replacing vpnc, not openVPN.

And AFAIK, openconnect (http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/ ) does
everything vpnc does, even better.

For everybody who commented in the thread, please test with openconnect
/ NM-openconnect

Thank you for the clarification. I removed vpnc and switched to
openconnect. Using the VPN protocol Cisco AnyConnect it works pretty
well. However, it is not clear to me how to deal with VPN connections
that explicitly require IPSecID and IPSecsecret.

Can you connect to those servers with Cisco AnyConnect? If yes, you
should be able to migrate to openconnet using similar settings.

Yes, I can.

Mmm ... AnyConnect actually supports both SSL and IPSec protocols, so
indeed depending on your server setup (which can selectively enable
both SSL and IPSec) it may force you to use IPSec. Just to be sure

- you can connect using Cisco AnyConnect
- you cannot connect using openconnect
- you can connect usin vpnc

is it correct?

Did you try libreswan I mentioned earlier?
Unfortunately, it does not exist in the openSUSE repos. Using
NM-openswan does not help.