Re: [opensuse-factory] On the proposed partition scheme of Leap 15.0 Beta installation
On 2018-04-02 21:05, H Zeng wrote:
On Monday, 2 April 2018 17:44:53 BST Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 04/02/2018 06:29 PM, H Zeng wrote:
In short:
- Leap 15 installer cannot use un-allocated disk space to install
- Leap 15 proposed to delete Windows 7 recovery partition (or emergency
partition; I am not sure about the name) while installing

Should bugs be reported on these?

Of course. Please open a report in bugzilla and attach the YaST logs as
explained in https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug

Thanks for the response.

I did not know that I could get YaST log during the system installation, or
else I would save that after the failure of case 1. I have a quick look at the
reference webpage. It seems complicated to generate useful log for the sake of
debugging.

Just run "save_y2logs" on a terminal after installation - if installation succeeded, that is.

If you took screenshots, they are saved in /root/inst-sys/yast2-screen-shots/

I will find a way to re-create the situation and extract log later
but not now. The laptop related has gone with my friend to another country.

But I may have SSH access to that laptop to retrieve the log for the 2nd case.
Do you think the YaST log of the system installation is still there in the
system?

Possibly. It depends on how may yast operations were done since installation till the moment you capture the logs: they are rotated too aggressively for my liking (and I don't know where to adjust yast log rotation).

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (testing openSUSE Leap 15.0, at Minas-Anor)