[opensuse-factory] On the proposed partition scheme of Leap 15.0 Beta installation
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 17:29:59 +0100
In short:
- Leap 15 installer cannot use un-allocated disk space to install
- Leap 15 proposed to delete Windows 7 recovery partition (or emergency
partition; I am not sure about the name) while installing

Should bugs be reported on these?

I am not a developer. So, this is just a remind in case that these situations
are minor cases. If this is irrelevant, please forgive my noise.

---

In detail:

I tried to install Leap 15.0 Build 182.1 from scratch in parallel to an
existing Windows 7 OS on an old laptop. Prior to the installation, I resized
the existing partitions to leave about 40GB space un-allocated (it might not
lie at the end of the sectors). During the installation, YaST do not let me to
create new partition with the unallocated space. (Maybe, to create a new Table
could work around this, but I do not know for sure.)

Then, I created a new partition with this space in Windows and tried to
install again. This time, the proposed partition scheme included deletion of a
hidden (in Windows) partition which contains the rescue or recovery partition
or something like that created by laptop manufacturer. So, I have to create a
new partition scheme but lost the new layout of BtrFS which use @ as the
leading of subvolumes.

Regards,
Haoxian