Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/13
01.04.2018 14:47, Stefan Seyfried пишет:
Am 31.03.2018 um 14:10 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Saturday 2018-03-31 13:20, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

* vpnc and networkmanager-vpnc will be removed from the distro:
openvpn supports those use cases now.

Probably a typo and openconnect instead of openvpn was meant to be
mentioned here.

The openvpn manpage indeed mentions IPsec a few times with regard to
replay windows, but that's it. There is no mention what vpnc's "IPSec
ID", "IPSec secret", and "Xauth password" would map to.

openconnect is rumoured to be able to replace vpnc, but I have not used
any of these two since switching to my own openvpn server setup ;-)

openconnect implements SSL VPN (compatible with Cisco AnyConnect client)
while vpnc implements IPSec VPN. Neither is replacement for the other
nor is openVPN replacement for either.

My understanding is that current Cisco VPN products all implement SSL
VPN (at least, AnyConnect client is the only supported one today) so
from practical point of view users may be able to migrate to openconnect.