Re: [opensuse-factory] Phoronix has done some network tests windows vs a few distros (incl TW)
Am Freitag, 23. März 2018, 19:00:50 CEST schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Hi Markus,

Am 19.03.2018 um 09:40 schrieb Markus Feilner:
Am Samstag, 17. März 2018, 11:53:59 CET schrieb Stefan Seyfried:>> Of
course I ask my managers what kind of result they want to get.
You obviously did not read my message with enough attention

Hey, Stefan, should we do an article about the benchmarks you do - a
professional one for print magazines? Yes, they still exist. I would ask
my
former employee - not only to set this Phoronix tests right again, but to
have some reliable data source to compare.

I don't think that an article about "producing benchmark results that
prove exactly what you want to prove" is something I really want my name
attached to
(And what a magazine for professionals would want to print)
--
Stefan Seyfried

Interesting, something here must have gone terribly wrong in quoting. I can't
remember writing that sentence and I would never do that. Maybe I just got
that wrong. From what I understood, you know how to cheat in benchmarks. And I
think telling people about how ugly people cheat (or accidentally do wrong
things, maybe even subconciously) would be a great thing and a nice article -
if that hasn't been written many a times.

Yes, I still think an article about "How to get the benchmark results you
want" might be interesting. Why? Because:
Readers might like to read:
a) "Beware! - here's how people fake benchmarks"
b) "Beware! - How to recognize faked benchmarks"
c) "What you should be aware of when creating benchmarks"

Am I wrong?

--

Markus Feilner
Team Lead Documentation

P.S.: I moved - new home address: Wöhrdstraße 10, 93059 Regensburg
- - -
_This incident will be documented._
- - -
+49 173 5876 838 (also via Signal), privat: +49 170 302 7092
mfeilner@suse.[com|de] http://www.suse.com
G+: https://plus.google.com/+MarkusFeilner
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markusfeilner