Re: [opensuse-factory] rpmlint 1.10 env-script-interpreter and build failures of perl scripts
  • From: Tomáš Čech <sleep_walker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:13:56 +0200
On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:22:24AM +0200, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Montag, 19. März 2018, 09:35:21 CEST schrieb Tomáš Čech:
Your change looks good, just go ahead and create submit request.

Many thanks for your review!

I might also consider:

1] edit files via sed instead of patching all the files manually
find . -type f -name '*.pl' -print0 | \
xargs -0 sed -i
'1s@#![[:blank:]]*/usr/bin/env[[:blank:]]\+\(perl.*\)@#!/usr/bin/\1@'

"for every *.pl file replace #!usr/bin/env <perl...> with
#!/usr/bin/perl..."

Cool. I used a less sophisticated find xargs sed chain. And I finally learned
to use quilt. :) However, I only patched the executable perl files to keep the
patch file as small as possible.

this will work even when set of files will differ so you won't need to
change patch every time

Yes. And just to be sure: You would still create a patch file? Or would you
put the find xargs sed chain somewhere in the spec file?

That is the idea, put it into spec file directly into %prep section so
no patch is needed at all.

Best regards,

S_W