Re: [opensuse-factory] repo change (was: Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/12 )
On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 19:32 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dieter,

On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 10:59 +0100, dieter wrote:

I had the repo-oss pointing to
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/
which worked up to snapshot 20180319, but when I wanted to update to
snapshot 20180320 zypper dup told me there is nothing to update.

This was the legacy rpm-md repo published (more for proof of concept
than anything else); I don't think this was ever preset as the
configured repo on openSUSE. Can it be that you set this manually at
one point?

That's a really weird thing to say, since it's absolutely wrong. While
it is true it is the legacy layout, it was definitely not
proof-of-concept. That's the hybrid layout for YaST+rpm-md repository
metadata. Package managers that supported exclusively rpm-md had to
point to that location until apparently earlier this week.

That's been in use for several years by SUSE distributions, though I'm
glad the migration apparently finally happened.

'years' is correct in context of the 'regular releases' - THIS here
though is the Factory (aka Tumbleweed) mailing list.

For Tumbleweed, the rpm-md repo was enabled (ok, granted, it's also
years, 1.5years) on July 29 2016 - Pretty sure that is MUCH later than
what you expected. This is just half a year before the first import of
the product builder code into github.

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >