Re: [opensuse-factory] rpmlint 1.10 env-script-interpreter and build failures of perl scripts
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 10:22:24 +0200
Am Montag, 19. März 2018, 09:35:21 CEST schrieb Tomáš Čech:
Your change looks good, just go ahead and create submit request.

Many thanks for your review!

I might also consider:

1] edit files via sed instead of patching all the files manually
find . -type f -name '*.pl' -print0 | \
xargs -0 sed -i
'1s@#![[:blank:]]*/usr/bin/env[[:blank:]]\+\(perl.*\)@#!/usr/bin/\1@'

"for every *.pl file replace #!usr/bin/env <perl...> with
#!/usr/bin/perl..."

Cool. I used a less sophisticated find xargs sed chain. And I finally learned
to use quilt. :) However, I only patched the executable perl files to keep the
patch file as small as possible.

this will work even when set of files will differ so you won't need to
change patch every time

Yes. And just to be sure: You would still create a patch file? Or would you
put the find xargs sed chain somewhere in the spec file?

2] don't worry to file submit request and ask there - maintainer can
say just "ok" and accept change in the first round

Dimstar accepted it in Factory. :)

Thank you for your effort,

S_W

I'm happy to help!

Gruß
Jan
--
Wear the right costume and the part plays itself.