Re: [opensuse-factory] repo change (was: Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/12 )
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 19:32:21 -0400
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dieter,

On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 10:59 +0100, dieter wrote:

I had the repo-oss pointing to
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/
which worked up to snapshot 20180319, but when I wanted to update to
snapshot 20180320 zypper dup told me there is nothing to update.

This was the legacy rpm-md repo published (more for proof of concept
than anything else); I don't think this was ever preset as the
configured repo on openSUSE. Can it be that you set this manually at
one point?

That's a really weird thing to say, since it's absolutely wrong. While
it is true it is the legacy layout, it was definitely not
proof-of-concept. That's the hybrid layout for YaST+rpm-md repository
metadata. Package managers that supported exclusively rpm-md had to
point to that location until apparently earlier this week.

That's been in use for several years by SUSE distributions, though I'm
glad the migration apparently finally happened.