Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd not being stopped when you log out
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:27:31 +0000
On Wednesday, 21 March 2018 12:14:57 GMT Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

In "Systems Activity" I've systemd (plus (sd-pam), dbus_daemon, gvfsd,
gvfsd-fuse, dconf-service) still running from a different user. If I end
the systemd process in "System Activity", it closes systemd and all the
related processes down successfully.
I did have these processes running from 2 other users too so i rebooted and
logged into one account and then back into this one to see if it still
happened, unfortunately it does.
I don't know when this started to occur.

For as long as I remember. GNOME session launches some long-living
processes that are not terminated on logout; so for logind session is
still running and it does not stop user systemd instance.
A while back i noticed baloo was hanging around on my machine for multiple
users (it had already been logged). I ran "System Activity" and then sorted the
processes on userid and never saw systemd for other userids before when
checking baloo.

I can't find any bug logged apart from one from "NEW" one in 2016 about
Leap 42.1 not killing all user processes on logout.

"Bug" in this case would be process that should have been stopped but
was not. Unless you can demonstrate it, I'd say it works as intended
(even if we do not like it :) )

Thats the problem, i don't know if its intended. I would have thought that all
user processes should get shut down at logoff.

Thanks for responding.
--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180318
Qt: 5.10.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.43.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.12.3 - kwin 5.12.3