Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd not being stopped when you log out
On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

In "Systems Activity" I've systemd (plus (sd-pam), dbus_daemon, gvfsd,
gvfsd-fuse, dconf-service) still running from a different user. If I end the
systemd process in "System Activity", it closes systemd and all the related
processes down successfully.
I did have these processes running from 2 other users too so i rebooted and
logged into one account and then back into this one to see if it still
happened, unfortunately it does.
I don't know when this started to occur.

For as long as I remember. GNOME session launches some long-living
processes that are not terminated on logout; so for logind session is
still running and it does not stop user systemd instance.

I can't find any bug logged apart from one from "NEW" one in 2016 about Leap
42.1 not killing all user processes on logout.

"Bug" in this case would be process that should have been stopped but
was not. Unless you can demonstrate it, I'd say it works as intended
(even if we do not like it :) )