Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180309 released! - Note : changed kdm login theme
On Mon, 2018-03-12 at 12:50 +0100, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Montag, 12. März 2018, 10:05:31 schrieb Ianseeks:
This release changed the theme of my kdm login screen.
It looks like the login theme I was using has been removed.

Yes, the openSUSE kdm theme (package kdm-branding-openSUSE) has been removed
from branding-openSUSE:
Wed Mar 7 09:19:57 UTC 2018 - dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx

- Drop kde-branding-openSUSE: Only legacy KDE 4 files
* sysconfig.displaymanager-kdm
* kde-branding-openSUSE.spec
* kde-branding-openSUSE.changes

That change has been reverted though, so the theme probably will be back in
the next snapshot:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/openSUSE:Factory/branding-openSUSE?linkrev=base&rev=96

But that was for another reason ("Revert to old branding; the size exploded
by
factor 10 for the new wallpapers"), so might not be permanent...

In fact I only reverted the 'main' change there, meaning branding-
openSUSE, as the size was just beyond reasonable. The removal of kde-
branding-openSUSE has not been reverted (or better said: the 2nd spec
file has not been relinked in order to be built again); since the KDE
team confirmed that this is 'dead', I saw no compelling reason to build
them for another snapshot (the same removal also happened in Leap
FWIW).

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >