[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/10
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Week 10’s review reaches you a bit late, but for now, the latest
snapshot was published on Friday evening. But there were 7 snapshots
since my last review, So it must have been a busy week, right? The
snapshots were numbered 0301, 0302, 0304, 0305, 0306, 0307 and 0308.

The snapshots brought you those changes:

* Glibc 2.27
* KDE Plasma 5.12.2
* Phonon 4.10.0
* Linux kernel 4.15.7
* Gcc 7.3.1
* Flatpak Builder 0.10.9
* LibreOffice 6.0.2
* Binutils 2.30
* Gcc 8 is available as an additional compiler

So, quite a bit of the toolchain has been updated in the last week,
bringing openSUSE Tumbleweed again at the top of actuality in this
area.

But things keep on moving, looking at what currently is being forged
and worked on, times will stay interesting:

* GNOME 3.28.0 (currently 3.27.92 is staged to have iron out issues)
* Systemd 237 (238 will likely follow quickly after)
* Udisks 2.7.6
* Linux kernel 4.15.8
* New branding (mainly wallpapeper and YaST branding)
* KDE Plasma 5.12.3

And I’m sure many developers are preparing things which they did not
yet tell me about! So stay tuned for more.

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages