[opensuse-factory] Problems with installation of 15.0 Beta
Hi,

Main problem: it has destroyed Grub install of my main system, overwriting it
instead of installing in the test partition.

Test system is in sda9, and has written grub to sda4 (extended partition) -
notice the (,msdos9) entry in the output from bootinfo script:

=> Syslinux MBR (5.00 and higher) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda.

sda4: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: Extended Partition
Boot sector type: Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)
Boot sector info: Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the boot sector of sda4
and looks at sector 945810512 of the same hard drive
for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
for (,msdos9)/boot/grub2. It also embeds following
components:

sda9: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System: openSUSE Leap 15.0 Beta
Boot files: /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /etc/fstab
/boot/grub2/i386-pc/core.img

I told it to install grub "on partition". The text did not say which, but
obviously I assumed to mean the root partition. I also told it not to
overwrrite MBR, which it respected, with a big red warning. It could obviate
the warning by detecting that the disk is not new and there are other installed
systems.

I will write a proper bugzilla tomorrow, if time allows. First I have to undo
the damage. And before record the status for analysis.

The laptop has several years of use with this same partition layout. Factory or
test install has always worked in the same sda9, I never had any problem
remotely similar to this.

---------- Second problem

It failed to mount an encrypted data partition. It created this fstab line:

LABEL=ANameUnseen /data/cripta xfs defaults 0 0

and no crypttab file. Obviously this causes boot to emergency mode to edit and
comment out that line.

During install, I told it to mount that existing encrypted partition, there was
an automatically set tickbox that said "encrypted".

---------- third problem

On emergency mode control-D did nothing. I had to force reboot by C-A-D keys.

---------

The XFCE terminal tittle does not follow what happens in the command line.
There is a bugzilla for this in 42.3, but no activity.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (testing openSUSE Leap 15.0, at Minas-Anor)