Re: [opensuse-factory] snapshot 20180301 - lots of new warning messages
Hi,

Am Samstag, 3. M?rz 2018, 20:03:00 CET schrieb Michael Hirmke:
Hi *,

after installing this snapshot I have lots of new warning messages in my
journal logs:

This is caused by this change:

==== libqt5-qtbase ====

- Enable journald support (boo#1050461)

so instead of arriving in ~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log, they get
written into the systemd journal now.

This doesn't only affect plasma and applications started by it, but all
applications using the Qt logging facilities started without a connected
terminal.

That there's quite a lot of additional journal messages now was a concern for
the change, but it's rather minor compared to the benefit of having a more
complete journal.

klauncher[2037]: Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerCh
anged(QString,QString,QString)

kdeinit5[2040]: kf5.kded: No X-KDE-DBus-ServiceName found in
"/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kded/<xyz>.so"

with <xyz> being about 30 .so files.

kdeinit5[2040]: org.kde.kcoreaddons: Expected JSON property
"X-KDE-OnlyShowOnQtPlatforms" to be a string list. Treating it as a list
with a single entry: "xcb;"

ksmserver[2057]: Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument
is NULL

polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1[2088]: kf5.kcoreaddons.kaboutdata:
Could not initialize the equivalent properties of Q*Application: no
instance (yet) existing.

kdeinit5[2040]: kf5.kded: found kded module "dnssdwatcher" by prepending
'kded_' to the library path, please fix your metadata.

org_kde_powerdevil[2110]: QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object

plasmashell[2082]: kf5.karchive: bzDecompress returned -5

org_kde_powerdevil[2110]: powerdevil: Xrandr not supported, trying ddc,
helper

and so on.
There is a total of about 50 warning messages, I never had before.

I don't have any problems so far, but I am a bit fussy on warning and
error messages. I'd like to keep my logs clean, so that real errors
can't be overlooked.
Perhaps some debug mode was activated?

Thx and bye.
Michael.

--
Fabian Vogt - Release Engineer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imend?rffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG N?rnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N?rnberg, Germany