Re: [opensuse-factory] Announcing Tumbleweed snapshot review site
On 2018-02-26T16:22:09, Jimmy Berry <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Jimmy,

this is a quite interesting development. I like how you're aggregating
these various metrics; not just prior to release, but also by
incorporating pre-release discussions.

Since I use TW as a rolling release (meaning I blindly zypper dup and
then fix whatever breaks ;-), the current trend is most interesting to
me.

Integrating the scoring data into the tumbleweed-cli would allow users to
pick a
minimum stability level or score and only update to those releases. Such a
mechanism can be vital for systems run by family members, servers, or the wave
of gamers looking for the latest OSS graphics stack.

That, or as an overall "health trend" for the distribution, and how well
the release processes, openQA are working out.

Graphing this would be quite helpful to get a quick overview. e.g., also
using your review score, combined with open incidents (Major
and up?) at any given time, etc.

Thanks for putting in this effort, it is appreciated!

Regards,
Lars

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284
(AG N├╝rnberg)