[opensuse-factory] [OT] udev / systemd help needed
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 20:29:41 +0100

I have set up a GPS module as the primary reference clock on my main
box, running Tumbleweed. I need to configure the (USB) serial
interface, then activate a PPS device via ldattach. The first part is
working, although I'm sure it could be more polished (notz using a fixed
device name for starters). The second part requires me to involve
systemd as I cannot start an ldattach process from an udev trigger.
I've written a systemd unit for that and it works when started by hand,
but doesn't on boot.

I am looking for some forum where I can ask some questions about how I
can make it work correctly and put a few finishing touches on w.r.t. the
startup of ntpd and the handling of loss of clock (interface goes away
or PPS stops). Pointers to more comprehensive documentation of systemd
and its interactions with udev are welcome as well.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: