Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!
Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Stasiek <LetCP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around
anymore
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:
The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a
coarse
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can
I get
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

As for me, I'd rather like to be able to select the old one (opt-in)

I agree and disagree with you on that (being original creator of the new
bulb).

Hope you didn't take my request as insult. It's about art, and that always is
highly subjective....

Bringing it back is not hard as well, contribute to OBS package, somebody
will decide if that's the way forwards or backwards ;)

The approach we do in Fedora is that we keep every iteration of the
artwork in the packaging, we just switch the default across each new
release. It sounds like that would make sense for openSUSE artwork
too. :)

Seconded, it would be great to have that option. Not sure how much work it is
to have old backgrounds etc. in a separate package that allows easy switching...