Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

On 30/01/18 01:56, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Stasiek <LetCP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:
The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can I
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

I agree and disagree with you on that (being original creator of the new
bulb). Green glow is not something I spearheaded, and I don't entirely
agree with that (in fact I think I was ignored when making comments about
not liking how bulb was treated). However, you instantly recognized it to
be lightbulb and I am more than happy to hear that, that was the point,
simple representation of lightbulb, you just missed medium, it's not
crayons, but neon lights (and I'm well aware that the way it's
represented on KDE splash doesn't really look like it, because of some
edits done to it, not by me :/).

Bringing it back is not hard as well, contribute to OBS package, somebody
will decide if that's the way forwards or backwards ;)

The approach we do in Fedora is that we keep every iteration of the
artwork in the packaging, we just switch the default across each new
release. It sounds like that would make sense for openSUSE artwork
too. :)

This is the approach I take for enlightenment branding, but it isn't a 0
cost solution as I need to make sure that new UI components are added
etc sometimes there are minor breaks between versions (GTK has been even
worse at this at times)

Simon Lees (Simotek)

Emergency Update Team
SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30